Curren Calhoun joins Daniel for this episode of The E-commerce Content Creation Podcast and we discuss his approach to identifying, implementing and supporting new and existing technology in your photo studio.
- Technology in your studio should be an enhancer. It should enhance your production process and allow creatives on your team to create.
- Anything that can be automated, should be automated. No one should be spending time on repetitive tasks.
- Evaluate your own process before trying to identify or implement new tech. Your process needs to already have the non-value add steps removed, otherwise the new solution enhances those issues.
- Look for solutions that allow you to work the way you want to work, but also be willing to adjust your workflow to take advantage of the tools available.
- Being able to "translate" creative needs and ideas to numbers to sell a necessary tool, is a vital skill to support your team.
- You need an advocate for tech in your studio, because things change so quickly and workflows can be interrupted easily.
- Educating and engaging your IT team can help smooth tech transitions and help improve support for the studio team.
Links & Resources
- Curren Calhoun on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/currencalhoun/