Phillip Kirst, founder of Spice Media, joins Daniel to talk about efficiency. Everything from starting small to measuring and evaluating, to fostering process improvement from your team.
- Efficiency is ever-evolving. Experience and heuristics help find efficiencies in your process.
- Low hanging fruit or big wins aren't the only way to get efficient. Small improvements in the aggregate can have huge impacts on overall savings.
- Seconds saved on several thousand pictures have a big return.
- Commercial studios have to balance many factors that dictate how efficient they can be. Client-specific needs can change the calculus.
- There isn't ONE thing you need to do to achieve an efficient process. But it does start with selecting the right team. A curious team is a team that creatively solves problems to achieve shared goals.
- You cannot manage you do not measure.
- Getting data isn't only important, but how you collect the data makes a difference.
Links & Resources
- Phillip Kirst on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-phillip-kirst-b1abb5102/
- Spice Media Production on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/spice-media-production-gmbh/
- Spice Media Production on the web: https://spicemediaproduction.com/en