Doug Wallstrom of Vera Bradley joins Daniel in this episode to share some stories that highlight the unique ability of the in-house editorial team to overcome the unexpected and get the shots they need to move the business forward.
- Agency relationships are quite important to businesses big and small. Similarly, the in-house team has its own strengths that can help a business achieve its content goals.
- The ability to pivot creative, try new things, test an idea to have something to show the C-Suite, are all things the in-house team can help with.
- Being able to decentralize production, specifically spreading out key elements of a production to overcome adverse weather, can help institutionalize some of our industry learnings from the pandemic.
- Doug pleaded guilty to the studio crime of changing the playlist mid-shoot. Since he changed it to The Clash, he was lightly sentenced to time served.
Links & Resources
- Doug Wallstrom on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/doug-d-j-wallstrom-0b194532/
- Vera Bradley: https://verabradley.com/
- Vera Bradley on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/vera-bradley/
- The Clash - London Calling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfK-WX2pa8c