In this episode, Daniel discusses some take-aways and ideas following the Henry Stewart Photo Studio Ops Forum event that took place on October 5, 2021.
- Put more focus on hiring the right team, then focus on retention.
- The idea that creative full-time roles only stick around for 1-2 years doesn't HAVE to be reality, find ways to keep your team on board.
- Employee turnover is waste, and training to backfill doesn't add value
- When it comes to process and workflow, our physical space has an impact. Use something like a spaghetti map to review this.
- Unnecessary movements are also waste, and physical studio layouts should also employ lean ideas to improve workflow.
- We need to institutionalize our learnings from COVID. Business interruptions will happen again, whether it's another pandemic or increasingly adverse weather due to climate change.
Links & Resources
- Henry Stewart on the web: https://www.henrystewartconferences.com/events - Many upcoming events, both virtual and live